- 10 people
- 5 hours
- 1 week ago
RIVERSCAPES AMERICAN SPORTS CRUISER
Hampton Court, United Kingdom
Max 4 people
, 2 cabins
Min 1 night / Max 30 nights
Check in 3 p.m. / Check out 10 a.m.
Stay on a boat in Staines-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
EXCLUSIVE USE – 2-cabin boat with wet-room & toilet facilities, fully equipped kitchenette, dining space, rear enclosed seating area, sun deck + Smart TV, Netflix, WiFi, HiFi, Alexa, games, books, tea/coffee & linen. Based near Chertsey with plenty of places to visit nearby including Central London, only 35 minutes by direct train into Central London. 7 miles from Heathrow. Parking, skippered cruises and self-drive motor boats for hire can also be arranged.
This is a beautifully made and very sexy looking boat which is perfect for a couple or cosy as a 4-berth (2 adults and 2 children) due to limited headroom in the sleeping compartments and minimal cupboard/storage space. Although the inside living area is open-plan, the cabins/bedrooms can be sectioned off for visual privacy and there is a separate wet room/shower providing hot water, toiletries and toilet/head facilities. There is also an in and outdoor seating/dining area plus sun deck on the bow/front.
Facilities include heating throughout, a fully equipped galley/kitchenette (2-plate hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle, crockery, cutlery, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, cooking utensils and basic kitchen ingredients), Smart TV, Netflix, WiFi, HiFi, Alexa, books, board games, tea/coffee plus superior quality bedding with freshly laundered linen and towels are also provided.
PLACES OF INTEREST
Enjoy the plenty of places of interest to visit in the area including historic monuments, market towns, museums, racecourses and theme parks. Direct trains to Central London from Staines take approximately 35 minutes should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions there too.
Due to COVID-19, we recommend contacting venues in advance for opening times and latest restrictions.
Distances are measured from Chertsey/Staines:
• Thorpe Park – theme park (approx. 0.9 mile)
• Runnymead Pleasure Grounds – riverside park perfect for picnics including a play area with modern equipment. Paddling pool, children’s rides & amusements are open during the summer. (3.8 miles)
• Penton Hook Island – wood, uninhabited island used for nature conservation with many paths for viewing trees, squirrels, nesting birds & fish (approx. 1.6 miles)
• Magna Carta – charter of rights to the English agreed to by King John of England on 15th June 1215 (approx. 6 miles)
• Brooklands Museum – birthplace of British motorsport + aviation & home of Concorde (approx. 6.2 miles)
• Mercedes-Benz World – ultimate car showroom for fans of the 3-pointed star (approx. 6.9 miles)
• Eton College – boarding school famed for educating 19 British prime ministers (approx. 8.9 miles)
• Windsor Castle - largest and oldest occupied castle in the world (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Kempton Park Thursday Market - largest weekday market in the South of England (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Sunbury Antiques Market – largest bi-monthly market in the country (approx. 8.1 miles)
• The town of Windsor – historic market town (approx. 8.5 miles)
• Garrick’s Temple to Shakespeare – the world’s only shrine to honour the famous playwright (approx. 8.7 miles)
• Hampton Pool – heated open-air pool/lido available 365 days/year (approx. 9.1 miles)
• LegoLand Windsor – family theme park (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Ascot Racecourse – one of the leading racecourses in UK (approx. 9.4 miles)
• Hampton Court Palace – King Henry VIII’s lavish royal residence (approx. 9.7 miles)
• Royal Bushy Park – second largest of London’s Royal Parks (approx. 9.9 miles)
• "Astoria" – Pink Floyd’s recording studios (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Wisley Gardens – one of the world’s greatest gardens (approx. 11.5 miles)
• Windsor Great Park – sweeping historic parkland (approx. 11.6 miles)
• The town of Kingston-upon-Thames – medieval market town and one of London’s liveliest boroughs (approx. 11.8 miles)
• Chessington World of Adventures – family theme park (approx. 16.4 miles)
• Twickenham Rugby Stadium – 4th largest sports stadium in Europe (approx. 17 miles)
• Kew Gardens – world famous botanical garden (approx. 18.3 miles)
Due to COVID-19, we suggest searching ‘Trip Advisor’ for restaurant recommendations in the local area, opening times and latest restrictions.
We suggest on-line orders with Deliveroo, Just East, or Uber Eats.
What's special about this boat
Home away from home conveniences with the luxury of being within easy reach of nature - plus plenty of places of interest to visit in the area including historic monuments such as Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace, market towns, museums, racecourses and theme parks. Direct trains to Central London from Staines take approximately 35 minutes should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions there too.
“Take the stress out of your cruise and take some crew!”
Skippered private cruise for up to 10 guests during your stay:
• £150/2 hours
• £50/hour thereafter
“Be the captain of your own destiny – a great way to explore the river with no experience necessary!”
Self-drive boat hire for up to 6 guests during your stay:
• £40/2 hours
• £70/4 hours
• £120/8 hours
Hampton Court Road
- Offers trips/charters (skippered)
- Cooker (cooking allowed)
- Coffee machine
- Smoking allowed
- CO2 alarm
- Smoke alarm
- iPod Dock
- CD Player/Radio
- DVD Player
- Welcome pack
- Electricity 24/7
- Walk-on access
- Crew on board
- Food and drink included
- Hot tub
- Additional Cot Hire
- Dog friendly
- Kid friendly
- Disabled access
- Free car parking
- Walking distance to town
- Swimming Pool
- Disabled access
- Paddlesports hire
- Boat hire
Just spent a night aboard Baboo during a quick family break in London. Superbly organised, simple instructions (even if you've never stayed on board a boat) and most importantly great fun. We will definitely be using Beds on board again.
The hosts were fantastic and couldn't do enough. The location was superb! I would definitely recommend the experience.
We had a fantastic two days ! Lovely cosy boat and great facilities . Natasha and Claus were fantastic hosts and very helpful. We will defeniately book it again :) X
Excellent day out
Excellent day out on Baboo with good experience hampton Rivera, very helpful owner
Haven of Happiness in Hampton Riviera
Thoroughly enjoyed staying at this haven of happiness hidden in Hampton. Loved the peace and tranquility. The perfect balance between privacy and being out in the open with nature. The attention to detail was superb. A lovely night sleep waking up refreshed and excited to explore. Thank you Natasha & Klaus!
Wow, a great little escape away from it all
I recently organised a night away for myself and my husband for our 10th anniversary, as a surprise. Might I say, I came up trumps with this little escape, many brownie points were gained. The yacht, Baboo is amazing, it was the perfect size for us and Natasha had even decorated it with balloons and banners which was a real touch. We were lucky enough to be there on a hot day so we went out on the front of the yacht and sun bathed on the loungers that are built into it, amazing. We also went out on the Kayaks and the electric row boat that was included in the price, such a fantastic deal. The location is perfect, being on Hampton Court Road so close to the Palace and on the river was ideal. Even though it was only 1 night it felt like we did so much. I organised a picnic for my husband and we enjoyed that in the secret garden area in the mariner, such a special time for us and much needed. We would highly recommend this to any one and already have done. I have already recommended this to many friends and anyone who will listen to me going on about it :-)
December 2016 - midweek trip
Hi. My partner and I spent a couple of midweek days on the boat in December 2016: in fact we've just left. I have to say we had a fabulous time. The boat is great: comfortable, cosy (in December no less) and very well appointed. There was plentiful hot water, a good heater when needed, and all the creature comforts like a sound system and Netflix on the TV. The owners, Natasha and Klaus, were unfailingly helpful and happy to make our stay a good one. They succeeded! The instructions too, were easy to follow and particularly useful for a land lubber like myself. One of my favourite memories was watching the sunset and wild parakeets flying overhead from the deck of the boat, as we enjoyed a glass of wine.. It really felt a million miles from the hubbub of London. I can recommend it highly for a couple: we'd most definitely like to return... ..and next time we'll maybe take the electric boat for a spin too! Andrew
Stay weekend 22nd Sept
We rented this boat for 3 days (minimum stay) as a birthday surprise for my son (15) even though we could only realistically stay 2 days due to Monday being a working and school day. We assumed that we could drive the boat as it was not clear from the website that the boats on offer were purely to stay overnight. Other websites are much clearer. Also one reviewer said even if you never stayed on a boat, it is very easy...As said from reading other websites it was clearer to me what was on offer. When we arrived on Friday at 4pm as per terms and conditions, we were told we could be only be shown the ropes on Saturday as nobody was available.Then after contacting Natasha, it soon became clear that we were not allowed to drive/move the boat unless we had hired their own skipper for £100/hour which of course having just shelved out more than £500 for 3 days we were not prepared to do and I am not sure whether that would have been possible anyways short-term. Natasha was not prepared to find a compromise due to the wrong booking but instead only offered an old 30 or more year old dingy for £90 a day instead of £40/hour so that we could drive a boat on the Thames. As it was very bad weather and rained all the time anyways, we did not drive with the dingy for more than 2 hours and in the end overpaid here as well. The boat on top if it was very small for 4 people and due to all this disappointment and the weather, we left and went home on Saturday at 4pm - so in fact paid for 3 days but stayed only 1 day. Very disappointing birthday for my son and us.