- 10 people
- 5 hours
- 1 week ago
RIVERSCAPES AMERICAN HOUSE-BOAT WITH HOT TUB
Hampton Court, United Kingdom
Max 6 people
, 2 cabins
2 double beds / 2 single beds
Min 2 nights / Max 14 nights
Check in 2 p.m. / Check out 10 a.m.
Stay on a boat in Staines Road, United Kingdom
EXCLUSIVE USE – self-catering 6-berth/2 cabin house-boat with shower room & toilet facilities, fully equipped kitchen, large in and outdoor living space including seating areas, roof terrace and hot tub. Smart TV, Netflix, PS3, WiFi, HiFi, Alexa, games, books, tea/coffee & linen. Based near Chertsey with plenty of places to visit nearby including Central London, only 35 minutes by direct train into Central London. 7 miles from Heathrow. Parking, skippered cruises and self-drive boat hire can be arranged.
This is a very popular house-boat found on American and Canadian lakes but a very unique find here in UK. She has recently been refurbished and has 2 cabins/bedrooms, the master opens onto a small aft/rear deck and the middle cabin contains bunk beds with a skylight. The bathroom has a full-size shower room providing hot water, toiletries and head/toilet facilities. The living area is open-plan and incorporates a fully equipped galley/kitchen, dining and seating areas which then opens out onto a hot tub on the bow/front deck which is available all year. There is also a very large roof terrace with a hammock, comfortable rattan seating and dining table perfect for al fresco dining.
Facilities include heating throughout, a fully equipped galley/kitchen (4-plate hob and full-size oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee machine, crockery, cutlery, silverware, glassware, pots, pan, cooking utensils and basic kitchen ingredients), Smart TV, Netflix, PS3, WiFi, HiFi, Alexa, books, board games, tea/coffee plus superior quality bedding with freshly laundered linen and towels are also provided.
PLACES OF INTEREST
Enjoy the plenty of places of interest to visit in the area including historic monuments, market towns, museums, racecourses and theme parks. Direct trains to Central London from Staines take approximately 35 minutes should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions there too.
Due to COVID-19, we recommend contacting venues in advance for opening times and latest restrictions.
Distances are measured from Chertsey/Staines:
• Thorpe Park – theme park (approx. 0.9 mile)
• Runnymead Pleasure Grounds – riverside park perfect for picnics including a play area with modern equipment. Paddling pool, children’s rides & amusements are open during the summer. (3.8 miles)
• Penton Hook Island – wood, uninhabited island used for nature conservation with many paths for viewing trees, squirrels, nesting birds & fish (approx. 1.6 miles)
• Magna Carta – charter of rights to the English agreed to by King John of England on 15th June 1215 (approx. 6 miles)
• Brooklands Museum – birthplace of British motorsport + aviation & home of Concorde (approx. 6.2 miles)
• Mercedes-Benz World – ultimate car showroom for fans of the 3-pointed star (approx. 6.9 miles)
• Eton College – boarding school famed for educating 19 British prime ministers (approx. 8.9 miles)
• Windsor Castle - largest and oldest occupied castle in the world (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Kempton Park Thursday Market - largest weekday market in the South of England (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Sunbury Antiques Market – largest bi-monthly market in the country (approx. 8.1 miles)
• The town of Windsor – historic market town (approx. 8.5 miles)
• Garrick’s Temple to Shakespeare – the world’s only shrine to honour the famous playwright (approx. 8.7 miles)
• Hampton Pool – heated open-air pool/lido available 365 days/year (approx. 9.1 miles)
• LegoLand Windsor – family theme park (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Ascot Racecourse – one of the leading racecourses in UK (approx. 9.4 miles)
• Hampton Court Palace – King Henry VIII’s lavish royal residence (approx. 9.7 miles)
• Royal Bushy Park – second largest of London’s Royal Parks (approx. 9.9 miles)
• "Astoria" – Pink Floyd’s recording studios (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Wisley Gardens – one of the world’s greatest gardens (approx. 11.5 miles)
• Windsor Great Park – sweeping historic parkland (approx. 11.6 miles)
• The town of Kingston-upon-Thames – medieval market town and one of London’s liveliest boroughs (approx. 11.8 miles)
• Chessington World of Adventures – family theme park (approx. 16.4 miles)
• Twickenham Rugby Stadium – 4th largest sports stadium in Europe (approx. 17 miles)
• Kew Gardens – world famous botanical garden (approx. 18.3 miles)
Due to COVID-19, we suggest searching ‘Trip Advisor’ for restaurant recommendations in the local area, opening times and latest restrictions.
We suggest on-line orders with Deliveroo, Just East, or Uber Eats.
What's special about this boat
“Take the stress out of your cruise and take some crew!”
Skippered private cruise for up to 10 guests during your stay:
• £150/2 hours
• £50/hour thereafter
“Be the captain of your own destiny – a great way to explore the river with no experience necessary!”
Self-drive boat hire for up to 6 guests during your stay:
• £40/2 hours
• £70/4 hours
• £120/8 hours
Hampton Court Road
About the marina/waterway
Hampton Court Train Station is half a mile away which is then a 35 minute journey into Central London/Waterloo. Heathrow is 7 miles away by car/cab.
- Offers trips/charters (skippered)
- Cooker (cooking allowed)
- Coffee machine
- Smoking allowed
- CO2 alarm
- Smoke alarm
- iPod Dock
- CD Player/Radio
- DVD Player
- Welcome pack
- Electricity 24/7
- Walk-on access
- Crew on board
- Food and drink included
- Hot tub
- Additional Cot Hire
- Dog friendly
- Kid friendly
- Disabled access
- Free car parking
- Walking distance to town
- Swimming Pool
- Disabled access
- Paddlesports hire
- Boat hire
Bluebird was a fabulous alternative for staying in a hotel in the Kingston area. We were meeting many family members and we really wanted to make the most of the weekend. The houseboat was clean, very well equipped and super relaxing. I highly recommend finding the 111 bus that goes from outside the gate directly into Kingston. That is, of course, only when you are not out on the tin tub tender on the outboard going through the locks to go shopping :) So many laughs and just great fun. We will definitely do this again. Why aren't there more houseboats in every town? Thank you very much.