How to be a great Owner
Guests will love staying on your boat so we have just a few pointers to make sure they have a great stay and leave you great reviews.
All boats should be safe, comfortable and adhere to all local safety and legal regulations.
Make the most of your listing
It's simple to make money with Beds on Board so be sure to read these tips from one of our most successful owners.Read our owners tips now
Know the basics
- All prices shown are for the full boat (or cabin or bunk) not per person
- Once a guest sends a booking request you have 48 hours to accept or decline the booking
- All bookings are sole occupancy unless you state otherwise
- You and the guest review each other after the booking, building trust for future bookings
Answer all guest questions
Use the message centre to chat to the guest before, during and after a booking. For example:
- Have you stayed on a boat before?
- What is the reason for your trip?
- Who is in your party?
- Do you know the area?
- Are you comfortable following instructions to use the amenities?
- Are you happy to use onshore amenities rather than onboard?
Give a great handover
- If you cannot be there, use your local contacts or a guardianage service
- Show the Guest everything they need to know
- Leave a printout with details on how to operate everything they need
- Leave clear contact instructions should they have any questions
Simplify the boat
- Label all the switches and systems that what you can
- Stow anything that may get in the Guests way
- Close off any areas not for rent
- Invest to simplify the experience for your Guests, you'll earn in back in no time!
If you have any questions about being a Beds on Board owner please contact us.